Books for my Classroom

I am having this profile for Literacy Block and to also display a few books I believe students could benefit from.

The Best Christmas Pageant Ever

— feeling angel
The Best Christmas Pageant Ever - Barbara Robinson

This book is an amazing example of how people can change for the good. This book is about a family of children that terrorize their school along with the town. No one likes to see the Herdmans coming their way. One Christmas, the Herdmans hear a boy in their class talk about the snacks he gets in Sunday School. The Herdmans decide to 'try-out' Sunday School one week. That week, was auditions for the church's Christmas Play. Of course, the Herdmans bully their way to each part they wanted. The director of the play is overwhelmed about the Herdmans, but all is well at the end. I do not want to spoil the end of the story, so you will have to read it yourself. I would use this book in my classroom to introduce cause and effect and/or figurative language. I could also use this book for showing students people can change and o have respect for each other. This book could be used in grades 3 - 6. The lexile level of the book is a 930L.